Sklar Kirsh provides comprehensive legal services to institutional and non-institutional lenders, real estate funds, individual investors, and family offices with respect to a wide array of real estate financings. We advise our clients on the structuring, negotiating and closing of financing transactions involving CMBS lending, senior mortgage financings, construction financings, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac multifamily loan programs, loan syndications and loan participations, subordinated debt and mezzanine lending.
Our real estate finance attorneys are well-versed in navigating sophisticated commercial real estate transactions in all sectors in and outside of Southern California. We also have significant experience representing borrowers and lenders in restructuring, workout and defeasance transactions.
Our depth of knowledge and experience allows us to successfully handle complex transactions and deliver legal services of the highest quality to our clients without losing sight of practical considerations.
SEE ALL Representative Matters
- We represented the Abbey Companies in a portfolio wide refinancing of 27 properties across all asset classes in the amount of $229,300,000 provided by CITI Real Estate Funding Inc., and Barclays Bank PLC.
- Represented a subsidiary of Mosaic Real Estate Credit, LLC, as lender’s counsel in connection with a $48,600,000.00 mezzanine loan. Senior Financing in the amount of $57,000,000 was provided by Centennial Bank.
- Represented Lyon Living and certain of its subsidiaries in connection with a $388,421,000 refinancing of a loan portfolio by Holliday Fenoglio Fowler, L.P. The portfolio consisted of seven multi-family residential apartment projects containing 2,152 residential units, which are located throughout Southern California and Colorado.
- Represented the Abbey Companies in a portfolio wide refinancing of 35 properties across all asset classes in the amount of $309,000,000 provided by Prime Financial.
- Represented B.H. Properties, LLC in connection with a credit facility financing of $265,000,000. The credit facility is secured by a 38-property portfolio comprised of commercial properties located in 11 states.
- Represented ACORE Capital, as lender, in connection with a mortgage loan in the principal amount of $43,340,000, which loan was secured by a two-building office complex in Contra Costa County, California.
- Represented Calmwater Capital LLC (and previously Karlin Real Estate) in connection with over three dozen loan transactions secured by a variety of asset classes throughout the country.
- Represented an affiliate of Harbor Associates, LLC, in connection with the acquisition, financing and sale leaseback of an office building located in Los Angeles, CA from Spanish Broadcasting System, Inc., for $14,700,000. We also represented Harbor Associates, LLC in connection with a joint venture between Harbor Associates and Stockbridge Capital Group LLC. The acquisition and post-acquisition capital improvements were financed by CopperPoint Mutual Insurance Company.
- Represented an affiliate of M West Holdings, LLC in connection with the acquisition of NoHo Lofts, a 292-unit multi-family apartment complex located in North Hollywood’s Arts District from Redrock Noho Residential LLC for $102,500,000. JV equity was provided by KBS and financing was provided by loan from Wells Fargo.
- Represented Jamison Properties, Inc. in connection with a $77,600,000 CMBS Loan from PCCP to three subsidiaries of Jamison Properties. The loan was secured by real property located in Hollywood, California; Dallas, Texas; and Plano, Texas.